Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Trial Triumphant

He is gone!
What? What did you just say?
Mhhhm, he is really gone.
Oh my God, it can’t be true, how can it be? No, no!
What are we going to do now?
Who will….who will…and who will?
I remember the last time I saw him
I remember the last words he told me
They are so dear now and come alive like never before
Oh, may I never forget, may I never forget!
Oh God, life can’t go on being the same
There has got to be a change
I’ve got to do something
I know that I must go someday, but when I do,
I want to go like him. So, I must live so!
My thoughts, just thoughts, but I wasn’t alone.
A fire went off so that many would come alive,
Come alive to true living, living like he did,
A proof to the world, that Christianity and loving Christ,
Isn’t a monumental disaster
No! It’s the fullness and the beginning of real living
In memory of you Dr Ayo Olofin
Many times, I wish you were around
Your life has inspired me, your death awakened me
Wish you were here today to see a changed me,
The other lovely side of your daughter
But sleep on; we’re doing fine and day by day,
Young men and women, working in the footprints you’ve left behind,
Are coming up to AIMTOPS

6 Comments:

At 11:17 PM, Blogger Keshi said...

ur dad is dead? So is mine. Im so sorry Amara!

Keshi.

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger x said...

I am so sorry. But he must have been very proud of you. Hugs.

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, I'm so sorry. I wish you as well as your family the very best!!!!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Christie's Corner said...

I rem 2 the last time I saw him, the last time we spoke.

this post sure brought back memories... a whole lot of them.

but its ok, God knows best.
the good news is that he's on the bannister of time saying "bravo, keep on keeping on"

just like him!!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Amara said...

Yah! I miss him so much. I'm happy for the life he lived and I know one day I would see him again.

 
At 5:58 PM, Blogger Amara said...

Thnks y'all.

Keshi, I am also sorry about ur dad. thank God that somehow, we find the strenght to move on.

hi chloe, thanks for coming. I think he would have been more proud today.

Thanks Jon cox. I've really missed you and glad you came by.

Christabelle and Ebun, I feel you. thanks for your continued frienship

 

Post a Comment

<< Home